Thursday, January 22, 2009

COURAGEOUS BEGINNINGS....


This marks my first post. Quite frankly.... I have no idea WHAT I am doing. No, that's not right, I know what I'm doing, I know why I'm doing it, I just don't know much about HOW to do it. As time passes, my learning curve will slowly become more than a flat line!


I suppose an introduction is in order. Maybe there is a place for a site 'about me' blurb. I'll find it eventually. Right now I'll quickly say....That SACRED SPARKS is our Trade name. My husband and I are artists, attempting to earn a living with the jewelry I make, and the fab Photography he creates. We have been doing this for a long, long time. Right now we show our designs at http://www.sacredsparks.etsy.com/.


We used to sell at juried art shows around the country. That was a fun time for us. The travel, the commraderie, seeing new art, meeting new customers, developing relationships, was a gypsy way of life...and we LOVED it!


We ended the art fairs in 1998 and opened a small brick and mortar...actually a recycled garage turned charming, and began a new way of marketing our work. There are pages of experiences inbetween these words.... but for times sake, I am keeping this in quick time.


Now we are selling on ETSY, and not really doing so well there. We are attempting to find ways of sending potential buyers to our site. Maybe our Blog will help.


I really need to end this. I have to go lock the studio up for the night...put some logs on the fire out there, and bring in the cash box. More stories to tell. I guess I won't run out of stuff to talk about. I'll need to organize it into subjects. I am going to attempt to post a picture now...wish me luck....
OK... It worked! The image you see is a pin that I made. You can view this piece on our Etsy site at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18345383 I call it 'Dance of the Dragonflies', it is copyrighted by me...Linda Beers Aydlott and you are not allowed to copy this photo to any venue with out my express permission. Thank you for your respect of American artists.
THANKS FOR VISITING FOLKS!
Blessed Be.....Linda

No comments: