Thursday, February 12, 2009

Networking...Networking...Networking.......


Good Day to all... The past few days have, once again, been a blur of activity. I have been sitting in front of this computer screen for WAY too long. I have created a profile on Yahoo, and been working on my Flikir presentations. Lots of time there....

Then I spent 2 days working on a FaceBook profile...That site is not easy for me. I have done enough networking where I should be able to traverse a site...understand it's inner workings and proceed to create my own presence. MySpace was not difficult at all. Blogspot..(where you are right now), was easy and smooth...but FaceBook...whoa..that is another story. I still haven't published it yet. Everybody says it is simple. Guess I am simple, minded that is. I'll keep trying. I don't give up, I just try harder, which usually pays off in the end.

What do I really want to do? I want to create!!!! But I know that I must continue to network, so that what I create will not get dusty, and shoved into some corner of my studio. Not to mention that I just paid bills and our account is looking like a giant Black Hole. Scary is not the right word...Nightmare- might work...ominous...pending disaster.... To give you an inkling of where we are at... We went to the insurance office today to pay our monthly bill. I put together a nice pad of our current pieces of Valentine related gifts. Hoping to offer the agent a fine selection of fine jewelry he could select from for a gift to his wife. Maybe his purchase would help pay for our bill to him. We didn't take the jewelry in to the office but we did offer it, to no avail. I should have just taken it in and allowed the ooh's and aah's to take over. I have no nerve.

I guess I am on an rant...got to stop that...it is not positive at all. 'Keep a stiff up lip', my Moma always told me. She was awesome, guess I'd better heed her words of wisdom. Onward and forward....

We were featured in two Treasuries on Etsy this last week. That was WAY COOL. I do believe it upped our lookers, but no sales yet... Did you catch that positive "YET"? Check it out here... http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=39347 (this link does have an expiration date, so if you want to see it...you need to go there in the next couple of days)... also check out the good artists who created the Etsy Treasuries... here.... Dahlia House Art Studio on Etsy ( a fellow Michigan artist)... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5569049
....... and Diva Designs Etsy shop ...here...

Above is a pair of yummy earrings I just made and listed on our 1000 Markets shop. If you want to see more of what we have there, just go to this site = http://www.1000markets.com/shops/sacredsparks
come and Tweet at us... http://www.twitter.com/sacred_sparks
become our friend at... www.myspace.com/sacredsparks
see our shop at Etsy.... http://www.sacredsparks.etsy.com/
see our shop at Art Fire... http://sacred_sparks.artfire.com/
Come visit, make a comment, or let us know you were there... that way I'll know that I'm not spending all this time for nothing. Your attention is VERY much appreciated. Thank you so much!!! Have a Blissful Day full of Smiles and Happy Thoughts....Linda

2 comments:

kristen said...

I really think effort is always seen by the Universe, and yours will pay off-I know it will!

hugs,
Kristen
firebirdhouse

Sacred Sparks said...

Thanks Kristen...You my dear are an Earth Angel!